Conducting Interns for 2018-19
Zamir is pleased to announce that Luca Antonucci is the Senior Conducting Intern for 2018-19; Jenn Boyle is the Conducting Intern
Luca Shapiro Antonucci, of Watertown, Mass., earned his Master of Music at the Hartt School in Hartford, Conn., and studied as a Fulbright Scholar at the Arnold Schoenberg Center and University of Vienna. He has extensive experience as a choral and instrumental conductor as well as a trumpet player and music educator.
Luca is the founder of the Brookline Chamber Singers and is a member of the faculty of the Rivers Summer Music program in Weston, Mass., where he teaches improvisation and theory and directs the Wind Ensemble. He also serves as Assistant Conductor of the Pioneer Valley Symphony and Conductor of the Pioneer Valley Symphony Youth Orchestra.
Jenn Boyle is entering her third and final year of the cantorial program at Hebrew College and will serve as the cantorial intern at Temple Israel in Natick in fall, 2018. She has studied conducting with Amy Lieberman at Hebrew College and Adam Glaser at Hofstra University and has a Bachelor’s in music history from Hofstra. She sings with Zamir, Kol Arev, and most recently, the Brookline Chamber Singers. Jenn is looking forward to growing in her skills as a conductor and researcher of Jewish music and gaining new perspectives on the music she loves.
The Conducting Internship was established in September 2000 to train conductors in the area of Jewish choral music. The intern:
- Is engaged in a study of Jewish choral repertoire and conducting techniques with the Chorale’s Artistic Director
- Sings as a regular member of the Chorale, attending all rehearsals and concerts
- Attends monthly staff meetings
- May be given opportunities to conduct the Chorale in rehearsals (both tutti and break-out rehearsals) and in concert
- May sit in on auditions for new members
The intern may also serve as assistant conductor, vocal coach, and/or section leader.
The term is generally for one season (September through June).
This is an unpaid position.
- excellent musicianship skills and some experience in choral conducting
- a pleasant voice, appropriate for choral work
- advanced musical literacy
- interpersonal and leadership skills
- an interest in Jewish choral music
Send letter of application, together with a resume, and a letter of recommendation to:
Joshua Jacobson, Artistic Director
Zamir Chorale of Boston
1320 Centre Street #306
Newton, MA 02459
If possible, the candidate should send links to videos of conducting and singing.