Conducting Interns for 2019-20
The Conducting Internship was established in September 2000 to train conductors in the area of Jewish choral music. The intern:
- Is engaged in a study of Jewish choral repertoire and conducting techniques with the Chorale’s Artistic Director
- Sings as a regular member of the Chorale, attending all rehearsals and concerts
- Attends monthly staff meetings
- May be given opportunities to conduct the Chorale in rehearsals (both tutti and break-out rehearsals) and in concert
- May sit in on auditions for new members
The intern may also serve as assistant conductor, vocal coach, and/or section leader.
The term is generally for one season (September through June).
This is an unpaid position.
- excellent musicianship skills and some experience in choral conducting
- a pleasant voice, appropriate for choral work
- advanced musical literacy
- interpersonal and leadership skills
- an interest in Jewish choral music
Send letter of application, together with a resume, and a letter of recommendation, plus links to videos of conducting and singing (if available), to:
Joshua Jacobson, Artistic Director
Zamir Chorale of Boston
1320 Centre Street #306
Newton, MA 02459